Now what you all have been waiting for; gaming.

I would like to say something before I go into my favorites. While I do consider myself a gamer, I do not consider myself a hard-core gamer.
I consider myself to be just above casual gaming. This is mostly because I really don't have the time to devote to gaming anymore. As it turns out, college takes up a lot of time.
So what happens if I say something that isn't a gaming term?
Get over it. Not everyone can have cool gaming lingo.
If you have a complaint, please place it in my suggestion box.
![]() |
| Be sure to watch your fingers! |
Now on to the good stuff.
I love table-top games. They are played much less, but have a massive fan following. I mean, D&D is pretty awesome.
In this game you are building a little village using resources that you get by rolling dice. For every number you can roll, there is a matching resources that a player receives when they are on an line adjacent to the number called on the recourse. When you get certain types of resources you can buy new roads, cities, towns, or even get mystery cards. For every town or city you build you get points. The first person to get to 10 points wins.
I would recommend this game for anyone!
Another type of gaming that has to be discussed is console gaming. Again, this is another form of gaming that I really don't have a whole lot of time for. Also, console gaming is really expensive if you don't do it the right way.
So my experience in this particular field is... lacking. Growing up I didn't get a ton of exposure to the Nintendo 64 we had. My brother kept it in his room and very rarely let me play.
Eventually we traded up to a PlayStation. I still didn't get a whole lot of time on it. It just seemed like too much for me to deal with at the time.
Then, we got our PlayStation 2. This console was a piece of art. I loved to play the PS2, but even still I didn't get a whole lot of expose to the classic. must-play games.
Now, we have a Wii. Now I am not a huge fan of the Wii. It is probably because I like the feeling of a classic controller in my hands. There is not better feeling than that.
Some of my favorite games include Tales of Symphonia, Zelda, Call of Duty (yes I said it), and others that I just can't remember right now.
If I did not mention a game you really love, feel free to comment underneath. I love finding new games!
This is Part 1 of 2. Turns out, this post is much larger than I thought it would be. So make sure you come back for part 2 where I will talk about PC gaming!
My favorite!
Pacman and Flying Unicorns
Sarah Brescia
P.S. If you know someone who plays a bard congratulate them. Trust me, they deserve it.










You should watch TableTop. It is a webshow where they play table top games. They played Settlers of Catan in the first season. http://tabletop.geekandsundry.com/
ReplyDeleteThat was one of my favorite episodes actually. I was going to be mentioning Geek and Sundry in Part 2. You have to love Wil Wheaton!
ReplyDelete