Although many do not feel that food is significant, I do. I
think food is a very good representation of who we are as people. It brings out your personality.
On that note, I have decided to write about something a
little bit more invigorating than pecans today. I have decided to write about
tea. Not iced tea, but hot tea. My best friend, Michelle, and I love to go out
for tea. I think it is another really good representation of how people think and feel.
In my town, we have a very nice little tea shop called
Darjeeling. It is owned by a lovely woman who is very personable with her
customers. We are regulars so she greets us every time we come in. It's just a
very friendly environment.
Michelle and I drink tea here every week, well we try to.
Sometimes we bring along friends and make it a tea date.
It is really the event that has brought us together and so much
closer. Over tea we are able to talk about the things that matter to us. The things that are bothering us, or things we love. It seems like a silly ritual to some, but we love it.
Even in Florida, tea is important to my family. My grandmother, Barbara Madden, always had tea and crumpets in the mornings. She would always have it the same way, black Lipton tea with a splash of milk. I would join her on the days that I was there. It was nice to just drink a warm cup of happiness.
I think that is what I like best about tea, everyone takes it a different way. It doesn't matter how you make it, just that you are having fun and enjoying life. Tea is very non-judgmental.
And just for everyone dying to know what my favorite tea is: English breakfast with just a splash of milk, and a fancy mug!
Kitten and Snowflakes
Sarah Brescia



No comments:
Post a Comment