Yesterday evening Ellie, my housemate, and I went on a drive
through the Gypsy Hill Park, the closest park to where we live. They are doing
a special program for the winter where they let different groups from the city
set up Christmas Light displays all though the park.
There were a lot of different looks to the lights. For the
most part, the organizations would try to make the look of their area somewhat applicable
to what they represent. For example, many of the churches put up actual
churches with lights on them. One of them was even lit up from the inside!
I have never seen this
before here, although I really have only been here for one year. Staunton is
full of surprises.
In Florida the closest thing to this
would be the light show at Disney. Every year in Hollywood Studios, AKA MGM,
has a thousands of lights put up around a portion of the park. I have been told
that the lights were donated by a family who used to put all the thousands of
lights up on their property. This amazing light spectacle is accompanied by
snow made out of bubbles. It looks like snow, but it doesn't taste like it.
Trust me.
Here in Virginia we don’t have quite
that same level of grandeur but it is pretty. The city lights up the gazebo,
the fields, even the old bird cage. There is even a field of lit up deer that
is both majestic and terrifying.
I did manage to get some so-so
quality pictures of the scenes.
![]() |
| This is the Habitat for Humanity display. |
My recommendation if that
if you are a fan of this type of entertainment and are in the area, you should
go see it. Even though it is just a short drive or walk, it is worth the time
spent.
Fairies and Hedgehogs
Sarah Brescia





No comments:
Post a Comment